Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sorta Selfie Saturday

OK, so I saw this great sticker on a fellow bloggers post promoting Selfie Saturday!! Cool, I like photos, I like challenges... I like ME... easy peasy, right!  Two hundred and ten photos later I'm thinking maybe this wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I am a self-portrait newbie... just off the bus... still drinkin' from a bottle and suckin' on my pacifier... neeeewwwwbie.

After the first twenty photos of looking like a dork...




I thought I'd mix it up by looking disturbed...






Finally, I gave up and just got silly.







Luckily, George showed up and took a little pressure off of me, just being me.







And what have we learned from this little experiment? I will never be a super-model? What?! No. I can dream. NEVER jump in to the middle of a portrait challenge when you're an idiot? Well, maybe. I was thinking it has taught me to save the joy of self-portraits for that new camera with a tripod and remote... Yeah.. that's it. Let's chalk this one up as ONE MORE reason to buy a D90. Uh-huh.




If you would like to visit the inspiration for this masterpiece...

4 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Love that sassy short cut...and the kitty. Great selfies!

Unknown said...

I've seen these Selfie Saturdays and feel that everyone who participates is very, very brave! I must say that yours is the best Selfie Saturday post I have seen yet. I'm afraid I would look disturbed too, except not on purpose.

Joanne said...

You are so kind. A little unbalanced yourselves, maybe, but kind. LOL I wasn't brave enough to actually ENTER the challenge. I just couldn't put one of my thumbnails up against the ladies that actually knew what they were doing. ;)

Buckeroomama said...

You're funny!! I love those series of selfies with George. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...